Cold filter coffee with milk is a refreshing and delicious alternative to traditional hot coffee. Whether you’re looking to beat the heat or just looking for a change of pace, this coffee drink is sure to satisfy. In order to make the best cold filter coffee with milk, it is important to use quality ingredients and equipment. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect cold filter coffee with milk, as well as tips and suggestions on how to customize it to your liking.
What is Cold Filter Coffee with Milk?
Cold filter coffee with milk is a simple coffee drink made by combining cold-brewed coffee and milk. Unlike traditional iced coffee, which is made by pouring hot coffee over ice, cold filter coffee is made by steeping coffee grounds in water for an extended period of time, resulting in a smooth and flavorful coffee concentrate. When combined with milk, the result is a refreshing and delicious coffee drink that is perfect for any time of day.
Ingredients and Equipment
The following ingredients are needed to make cold filter coffee with milk:
- Coffee beans
- Filtered water
- Sweetener (optional)
The following equipment is needed:
- Coffee grinder
- Coffee filter
- Coffee pitcher or jar
- Measuring cup
- Stirring spoon
Preparing the coffee
- Start by grinding your coffee beans to a medium-coarse grind.
- Place the coffee grounds in a coffee filter and place it in a pitcher or jar.
- Slowly pour filtered water over the coffee grounds, making sure to wet all of the grounds evenly.
- Stir the mixture and cover it with a lid. Let it steep in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
Making the Cold Filter Coffee
- Once the steeping process is complete, remove the coffee filter and discard the grounds.
- Pour the coffee concentrate into a glass filled with ice.
Adding Milk to the Coffee
- Add milk to the glass of coffee concentrate and ice, to taste.
- Stir the mixture until well combined.
Serving and Storing
- Serve the cold filter coffee with milk immediately, garnished with a sprig of mint or a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
- For a sweeter taste, add sweetener to taste.
Storing the Cold Filter Coffee
- The cold filter coffee concentrate can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- When ready to serve, simply combine the concentrate with ice and milk.
In conclusion, cold filter coffee with milk is a refreshing and delicious coffee drink that is easy to make and customize to your liking. By using quality ingredients and following the step-by-step recipe provided, you can enjoy a delicious iced coffee in the comfort of your own home. Whether you prefer your coffee sweet or plain, this simple and versatile recipe is sure to become a favorite. Give it a try and discover why cold filter coffee with milk is quickly becoming a popular choice for coffee lovers everywhere.